Making the Most of Incentives for Commercial Real Estate Professionals *** Inaugural Live Internet TV with direct audience feedback***
Watch and Listen Live on CREtV Live
Thursday, June 25th 2:30 pm PST
Click here to register and join us for the live show.
This is a live, online television show in which YOU, as an audience member can directly participate and ask questions using your audio and/or video webcam.
You don’t need any special software or equipment just to watch the show. But, if you want the opportunity to appear live during the show, as an contributing audience member, all you need is a microphone, earpiece or headset to avoid feedback, webcam and an email address ending in “gmail.com”.
The show will be archived & playable shortly after the live show.
Join our email list or subscribe to the podcast to be the first to get it!
The more sophisticated owners and purchasers of commercial real property know that there are a lot of incentives available, from the government, that ease the burden of obtaining financing or the operation of commercial real property. Those incentives may including, but are not limited to:
- Tax breaks and other incentives
- Availability of Financing for Affordable Housing
- Availability from foreign investors interested in EB-5 visas
- SBA Financing
My guests, Roman Petra and Mike McWilliams founders of REINID will be discussing what incentives are available, how to find them on a regional or per property basis and how to turn this, must have knowledge into ways to maximize the value of property for existing owners, lower financing and operating costs for prospective buyers and serve as a lead generation tool for brokers looking to secure listings or act as buyer agents.
I’m going to flat out say it………….any broker who is not fully familiar with the incentives available for their client and/or particular properties, is failing themselves and their clients.
As an audience member, you will have the opportunity to directly participate in the show, either by typing questions in the chat room or connecting via your own microphone and webcam. Please see the requirements above. You don’t have to participate and if you don’t there is no special software to download. Just watch. What an incredible concept.
- Mr. Petra has actively closed more than a billion in real estate financing transactions. The majority of the transactions include numerous layers of equity and debt financing. His transactions have included various products and programs, including conventional debt, credit enhancement, derivatives, equity, New Market Tax Credits (NMTC), letters of credit, Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC), Freddie/Fannie debt, HUD, mezzanine debt, taxable/non-taxable (IRC sec. 103) bonds, municipal entitlement debt and USDA loans.
- He primarily represents US and European (doing business in US) real estate developers on various matters from acquisition, development, disposition, leasing, zoning, to other governmental matters. He is well-versed in the Immigrant Investor Program (“EB-5”).
- Mr. Petra has counseled Fortune 100 Companies on various federal and state tax issues and has represented clients in tax controversy matters.
- He has experience counseling startup technology companies with confidentiality agreements, entity select, equity, incubation, licensing, patents, non-disclosure agreements, trademarks and trade secrets.
- Mr. Petra is experienced in advising companies on a variety of tax matters. His areas of concentration include entity selection, tax-free exchanges, NMTC, LIHTC, rehabilitation/renovation tax credits, and federal historic tax credits.
- He serves as developer counsel nationwide for historical tax credit, LIHTC, NMTC, HOME funds financing and other governmental matters.
- Mr. Petra has earned his CRE® designation, one of the highest recognition in the real estate professionals industry. In 2013, Mr. Petra received the national Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designation from the CCIM Institute. He is a graduate of the CCIM’s 2014 Jay W. Levine Leadership Development Academy.
- He also holds an active real estate license as a broker-associate and is a licensed Florida real estate instructor and a Florida Realtor® faculty member.
- Mr. Petra has achieved an AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating with Martindale-Hubbell,which is the agency’s highest mark for both competency and ethics.
He brings twenty-five years of Information Technology (IT) experience ranging from non-profit, manufacturing, finance, telecommunications, medical, aerospace, architecture, real estate, and geographic information systems (GIS). His experience ranges from product inception, delivery, and full lifecycle. His primary role as Program Director is to oversee ReinID‘s core Incentive Profile data, social media, reporting, client Cloud/API connectivity and infrastructure, uniform best practices, lifecycle management and strategic technology initiatives.